Terms and Conditions
- The ALFURSAN Program is owned, operated and monitored by SAUDIA.
- These terms and conditions govern the manner in which a Member may participate in the ALFURSAN Program including its services, benefits and rewards offered and as may be changed from time to time (“Terms and Conditions”).
- “ALFURSAN Program” means the ALFURSAN loyalty program designed to reward Members who have travelled on Qualifying Flights or made Qualifying Purchases.
- “ALFURSAN Website” means the ALFURSAN Program website at SAUDIA.com owned and operated by SAUDIA.
- “Calendar Year” means a calendar year commencing on 1 January and ending on 31 December.
- “Counter” means the number of flights travelled which: (1) are accumulated by Members after having travelled on Qualifying Flights; and (2) may count towards qualification for upgrading a Membership Tier.
- “Family Program” means a feature of the ALFURSAN Program designed to: (1) encourage a Member aged 18 years or above (the “Head Member”) to link other Members who are part of the Head Member’s family (each a “Family Member”); and (2) combine the Head Member’s and each Family Members’ Reward Miles into a single pool of Reward Miles.
- “Guest Care Center” means the SAUDIA support center which provides customer care and support services, including related to the ALFURSAN Program.
- “Member” means an individual registered in the ALFURSAN Program and who has been given a membership number. “Membership” shall be construed accordingly.
- “Membership Card” means a virtual card issued to Members confirming the Membership number, Member name and Membership Tier.
- “Membership Tier” means each of the following three tiers of membership in the ALFURSAN Program: Blue, Silver (Elite) and Gold (Elite Plus).
- “Miles” means Reward Miles and/or Tier Miles (as applicable).
- “Partners” means entities participating in the ALFURSAN Program offering products or services to Members as part of their membership benefits.
- “Partner Flight” means any flight operated by any SkyTeam Partners or other aviation carrier Partners.
- “Qualifying Flights” means qualifying SAUDIA Flights or Partner Flights.
- “Qualifying Purchases” means qualifying products or services offered by Partners.
- “Reward Miles” means the points which: (1) may be accumulated by Members by: (a) earning after having travelled on Qualifying Flights or making Qualifying Purchases; or (b) purchasing or having them transferred or gifted by another Member; and (2) may be redeemed by Members in exchange for Rewards.
- “Rewards” means Reward Ticket, Reward Upgrade and/or other rewards offered by SAUDIA or Partners from time to time (as applicable).
- “Reward Ticket” means the redemption of Reward Miles in exchange for a SAUDIA Flight ticket or a Partner Flight ticket.
- “Reward Upgrade” means the redemption of Reward Miles in exchange for travel in a SAUDIA Flight of a higher cabin class than the cabin class shown on the SAUDIA Flight ticket.
- “SAUDIA Flight” means any flight operated by SAUDIA.
- “SkyTeam Partner” means any Partner who is then a current member of the SkyTeam Airline Alliance from time to time.
- “Tier Miles” means the points which: (1) are earned by Members after having travelled on Qualifying Flights or otherwise earned through offers or campaigns as may be determined by SAUDIA from time to time in its sole discretion; and (2) may count towards qualification for upgrading a Membership Tier.
- Membership to the ALFURSAN Program is available to individuals aged 2 years or above.
- Applications by individuals aged 12 years or above for membership to the ALFURSAN Program can be made on the ALFURSAN Website or by contacting the Guest Care Center.
- Membership to the ALFURAN Program for individuals aged between 2 and 11 years must be through the Family Program.
- Once registered, Members will be given a Membership Card that is accessible online.
- An individual may use one Membership Card only, and shall not be permitted to hold more than one Membership. If a Member holds more than one Membership, that Member’s Miles shall be merged to the Membership which was obtained first.
- Member names must be as shown in the Member’s passport. Members may request to change the Membership name by contacting the Guest Care Center, and providing supporting documentation such as a passport.
- SAUDIA reserves the right to cancel Memberships in its sole discretion, as well as any Miles earned under cancelled Memberships.
- Each Membership Card is issued only to the relevant Member. In case of any misuse of the Membership Card (including any use in a manner contrary to these Terms and Conditions, or any violations or infringements of rights or impersonation), SAUDIA may in its sole discretion cancel the Membership, including cancellation of all Miles earned under that cancelled Membership.
- Members may request to cancel their Membership by contacting the Guest Care Center. Once a Membership has been cancelled, all services, benefits and rewards, including all Miles, will also be cancelled and will no longer be redeemable. Cancelled Memberships cannot be reinstated.
- Memberships are non-transferable.
- Any changes, amendments, cancellation, termination or suspension of the ALFURSAN Program, including its rules, Terms and Conditions or services, benefits and rewards offered to Members, including the Rewards, shall be at the sole discretion of SAUDIA during the life of the ALFURSAN Program.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws applicable in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Except to the extent applicable under the laws of other countries, SAUDIA shall have no liability in respect of Members’ participation in the ALFURSAN Program in accordance with the laws of other countries.
- SAUDIA reserves the right to cancel any Membership or refer matters to law enforcement if SAUDIA suspects a Member has used the ALFURSAN Program to commit any fraud or illegal conduct.
- SAUDIA reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the ALFURSAN Program at any time without prior notice.
- To the extent permitted by law applicable in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in the event SAUDIA terminates, suspends or amends the ALFURSAN Program, SAUDIA shall have the right to cancel any earned Miles, and SAUDIA shall not have any responsibility or liability for the cancellation of Reward Miles and Tier Miles as a result of terminating, changing or amending the ALFURSAN Program.
- SAUDIA shall have no responsibility or liability for any postal delays and damages caused by the postal services of any country.
- Members shall be responsible for payment of all applicable fees, charges, taxes and other expenses related to redeeming Reward Miles for Rewards.
4. MEMBERSHIP TIERS
- There are three Membership Tiers available in the ALFURSAN Program: Blue, Silver (Elite) and Gold (Elite Plus).
- Upon registration in the ALFURSAN Program, Members are automatically enrolled in the Blue Membership Tier and will be given a Membership number.
- Qualification for upgrading to a higher Membership Tier to Silver (Elite) or Gold (Elite Plus) is subject to attaining the required number of Tier Miles or Counter during any one Calendar Year.
- Maintaining the Silver (Elite) or Gold (Elite Plus) Membership Tiers is subject to attaining the required number of Tier Miles or Counter during any one Calendar Year. In case of failure to maintain a Membership Tier, the then current Membership Tier will be downgraded to the next lowest Membership Tier effective from 1 January the following Calendar Year.
- The validity period of the Blue Membership Tier is for the life of the Membership.
- The validity period of the Silver (Elite) or Gold (Elite Plus) Membership Tiers are until 31 December of the following Calendar Year.
- SAUDIA reserves the right in its own discretion to change the rules governing Membership Tiers, including these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
- Tier Miles and Reward Miles will be earned based on the Membership Tier then in effect as at the flight departure time.
- Membership Tier upgrades will take up to 48 hours to be reflected in the system.
5. FAMILY PROGRAM
- A Head Member can nominate up to 8 immediate Family Members. Nominated Family Members can be a spouse, children aged 2 years or above, parents, adopted children and home workers under the Head Member’s individual sponsorship.
- A Head Member has the right to change Family Member’s details twice per Calendar Year. Exceptions with justification shall be at SAUDIA’s sole discretion.
- A Head Member can register Family Members by contacting the Guest Care Center and providing all necessary documents such as family card, passport, personal identification or proof of relationship.
- Each Family Member’s Tier Miles is accrued during any one Calendar Year.
- Each Family Member’s Tier Miles is accrued independently to allow each Family Member to independently upgrade to a higher Membership Tier.
- The Head Member’s and each Family Member’s Reward Miles while remaining in the individual Member’s accounts will be combined into a single pool of Miles for redemption purposes.
- The Head Member shall have authority to administer the Family Program, including the authority to elect Family Members and to redeem Reward Miles.
- Each Family Member aged 12 years or above may request to be de-linked from the Family Program by contacting the Guest Care Center. Once de-linked, that Member’s Miles will no longer be included in the Family Member Miles pool, and they will be available for redemption by the Member.
- Family Members aged between 2 and 11 years may only be de-linked from the Family Program by the applicable Head Member if that Family Member aged between 2 and 11 years is subsequently linked to another Family Program by another Head Member.
- If there is a divorce between a Head Member and a spouse, the spouse may request to be de-linked from the Family Program by contacting the Guest Care Center. Once de-linked, that Member’s Miles will no longer be included in the Family Program Miles pool, and they will be available for redemption by the Member.
6. UPON THE DEATH OF A MEMBER
- The Reward Miles of the deceased Member only shall be transferred to the Membership of the legal heir upon provision of appropriate documentation, such as a death certificate and a legal proxy. The legal heir, his representative or the guardian shall take full responsibility in case of any objection by other Family Members. SAUDIA shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever.
- Deceased Family Members aged 18 years or above shall be de-linked from the Family Program.
- Following the death of a Head Member or spouse, Family Members aged under 18 years shall be linked to the Membership of the surviving parent or guardian Member.
- The Membership of a deceased Member will be closed.
- If the required documentation is not provided within twelve (12) months of the Member's death, all Members in the Family Program shall be de-linked without any transfer of Miles.
- If a Member does not provide all or any part of the requested information, this may affect the services that SAUDIA will be able to provide to that Member, and the benefits that the Member receives.
- SAUDIA collects personal information about each Member as part of the ALFURSAN Program:
- to enable SAUDIA to market products and services to Members, including the products and services of SAUDIA’s partners and other third parties who SAUDIA believes may have products and services in which Members would be interested;
- to facilitate Members’ participation in the ALFURSAN Program and other organisation’s loyalty programs, including:
- by assessing Members’ membership application;
- awarding Members with Miles; and
- confirming Member’s eligibility for, and providing any products and services associated with, the ALFURSAN Program;
- for SAUDIA and third parties to generate customer insights about Members in order to better understand Members’ preferences and interests, tailor Members’ experience, enhance the products and services supplied to Members and to tell Members about the products and services of SAUDIA and its partners. In order to do this, SAUDIA may collect and combine personal information about Members from third parties or public sources (e.g. the partners);
- to identify suspicious transactions and to detect and prevent fraud;
- to improve SAUDIA and its websites and services, as well as the ALFURSAN Program, including by means of product development and market and behavioural research; and
- for operational management of the ALFURSAN Program.
- SAUDIA may collect Members’ personal information from Members directly, including during Members’ interaction with SAUDIA group websites, services or applications or when Members are logged into their Membership accounts. SAUDIA may also collect Members’ personal information from third parties, SAUDIA’S group companies, SAUDIA’s partners, third parties providing services for SAUDIA and other parties whose services and products may be of interest to Members.
- For the purposes specified above, Members acknowledge and agree that SAUDIA may disclose Members’ personal information to:
- the ALFURSAN Program partners;
- its group companies;
- any third party providing services for the ALFURSAN Program, including assisting SAUDIA in determining Members’ eligibility for, and providing, the ALFURSAN Program products and services (including products and services available to members), administering the ALFURSAN Program, operating SAUDIA’s call and service centres, providing market research and marketing services, and assisting with the prevention and detection of fraud; and
- other third parties, such as law enforcement agencies and courts, in order to comply with its legal obligations or in connection with a legal claim or in response to a validly served and executed court order.
- The parties specified above may be located in a country other than the country in which a Member is based, including Germany, the United Kingdom, the United States and the United Arab Emirates and any country which Members travel to or through in connection with their Membership.
- Consent to marketing: By becoming a Member, Member provide their consent to SAUDIA by:
- sending Members marketing communications via direct mail, telephone, email, SMS, in-app notifications and advertising or other digital means, including:
- news and offers for Members of the ALFURSAN Program;
- offers, news and updates from SAUDIA and its partners;
- flight specials, travel deals, news and updates;
- entertainment offers and competitions; and
- SAUDIA branded products; and
- sending Members marketing communications via direct mail, telephone, email, SMS, in-app notifications and advertising or other digital means, including:
- Opt-out of marketing: Members can opt-out of receiving all or any of the marketing communications listed above at any time by visiting the My Profile section of the Member’s account and updating their communication preferences. Opting out of these communications may impact SAUDIA’s ability to provide Members with all the benefits that would otherwise be available as part of the Membership. Please note that if you tell us that you do not wish to be sent further marketing communications, you will still receive service communications which are necessary; for example, information relating to your Membership, information about bookings you made, products and services you have purchased, and to manage your Membership account.
- Tier Miles are applicable for upgrading a Membership Tier. Tier Miles are earned by Members after having travelled on Qualifying Flights during any one Calendar Year.
- Reward Miles are applicable for redemption for Rewards. Reward Miles are earned by Members after having travelled on Qualifying Flights or made Qualifying Purchases.
- Members on Silver (Elite) or Gold (Elite Plus) Membership Tiers will have opportunities to earn additional Reward Miles based on the base miles of Qualifying Flights or travel class categories.
- Reward Miles shall be valid for a 2 year period from the date of the last qualifying activity. To see the current list of qualifying activity, please click here[C&C2] .
- To ensure that Tier Miles are accrued to the Membership, Members must ensure that the Membership number is quoted at the time of reservation or check‑in for Qualifying Flights.
- To ensure that Reward Miles are accrued to the Membership, Members must ensure that the Membership number is quoted: (1) at the time of reservation or check‑in for Qualifying Flights; or (2) at the time of paying for Qualifying Purchases.
- Reward Miles and Tier Miles accrue once per Qualifying Flight per Member based on the fare of the cabin class of the Qualifying Flight that was purchased regardless of the cabin class in which the Member flew.
- Members shall not earn Reward Miles or Tier Miles through: (1) redeemed Reward Tickets; (2) free travel and non-scheduled or charter flight; or (3) non-public specially discounted travel tickets; (4) prize and promotional tickets; (5) industry and agent discounted tickets; (6) tickets without fares or class; (7) compensation tickets; (8) sponsorship or public relations tickets; or (9) group tickets. Any exceptions will be in SAUDIA’s sole discretion.
- Reward Miles are not redeemable for cash.
- SAUDIA reserves the right to deduct any ineligible Reward Miles or Tier Miles from any Membership if SAUDIA subsequently discovered that they were credited by mistake or as a result of any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- Where Members are also members of other loyalty programs, Members may not claim services, benefits or rewards for the same transaction from multiple programs. Members must elect the preferred program in which they wish to earn the miles.
- Members between the age of 2 and 11 years will earn Miles at 75% of the rate applicable for Members aged 12 years or over.
- Reward Miles earned from Qualifying Purchases may take up to 60 days to be reflected in the Membership.
- All products and services offered or sold by Partners, including Qualifying Purchases, shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant Partner.
- SAUDIA is neither responsible nor liable for: (1) any products or services offered or sold by Partners, including Qualifying Purchases; (2) the withdrawal of any of Partners from the ALFURSAN Program for any reason; or (3) the fulfilment or non-fulfilment of any offers, promises, transactions or obligations of Partners.
- Any rights that a Member may have in connection with products and services offered or sold by Partners, including Qualifying Purchases, are solely against the relevant Partner supplying the relevant product or service.
- SAUDIA is neither responsible nor liable for any Partners’ crediting or non-crediting of Reward Miles or Tier Miles to a Membership. It is the Member’s responsibility to ensure that Partners have correctly credited the Reward Miles based on the Qualifying Purchases. Accordingly, Members will have no claim whatsoever against SAUDIA for any such Reward Miles.
- Only SAUDIA Flights or Partner Flights shall be considered a Qualifying Flight. Accordingly, Reward Miles or Tier Miles can only be earned from SAUDIA Flights or Partner Flights.
10. MISSING MILES CLAIMS
- Missing Reward Miles or Tier Miles from SAUDIA Flights may, within a period no later than 360 days after the travel date, be claimed on the ALFURSAN Website or by submitting an application to the Guest Care Center and providing supporting documents (for example the ticket number in the booking reference and the boarding pass) proving the flight.
- Missing Reward Miles or Tier Miles from Partner Flights may, within the time limits as may be determined by Partners from time to time, be claimed on the ALFURSAN Website or by submitting an application to the Guest Care Center and providing supporting documents (for example the ticket number in the booking reference and the boarding pass) proving the flight.
- Missing Reward Miles from Qualifying Purchases may, within the time limits as may be determined by Partners from time to time, be claimed on the ALFURSAN Website or by contacting the Guest Care Center and providing the original documents (such as an invoice or contract).
11. REQUEST TO CLAIM PRE-ENROLMENT MILES
Members may make a request to claim Reward Miles or Tier Miles for SAUDIA Flights flown 180 days prior to the Membership joining date, provided that the Member has not previously made a claim from a SkyTeam Partner’s or other aviation carrier Partner’s loyalty program for the same flight. This request may be made by submitting an application to the Guest Care Center and providing supporting documents (for example the ticket number in the booking reference and the boarding pass) proving the flight. Any approval of such request shall be in SAUDIA’s sole discretion.
- Reward Miles may be redeemed for Rewards only by the Member (or by a Head Member on behalf of a Member aged between 2 and 11 years).
- To claim a Reward, a Member must have accumulated the required amount of Reward Miles in his or her Membership. Members may redeem Reward Miles for Rewards at any time while the Reward Miles are valid, subject to availability and applicable conditions as set out in these Terms and Conditions or in terms and conditions imposed by Partners. SAUDIA may at any time without notice alter the number of Reward Miles required to obtain a particular Reward, withdraw a Reward supplied or impose additional restrictions on a Reward or conditions of obtaining it.
- All Rewards are subject to availability and suppliers' restrictions. Rewards may not be available on all flights at all times. SAUDIA may withdraw, replace or substitute Rewards at any time without notice.
13. REWARD TICKETS
- Members must have sufficient Reward Miles available in the Membership to qualify for Reward Tickets redemption.
- Reward Tickets are issued based on a confirmed booking only.
- Reward Ticket reservations are subject to ticket time limits.
- Tier Miles or Reward Miles cannot be earned against Reward Tickets.
- Reward Tickets are valid for one year from the original date of issuance.
- Reward Tickets cannot be re-issued or rebooked.
- Rewards Tickets are refundable (subject to refund terms and conditions).
- Reward Tickets are subject to taxes, service charges, government-imposed fees and carrier-imposed charges, each of which shall be payable by the Member.
- Members may redeem a Reward Ticket for themselves or for any third party.
- Reward Tickets are governed by and subject to the SAUDIA Conditions of Carriage applicable to Reward Tickets and the Programme Rules at the time of booking.
- Reward Tickets can be refunded by contacting the Guest Care Centre.
- Refund fees will apply and can be paid by credit card through the Guest Care Centre or cash through SAUDIA sales offices.
- Unutilised sectors of partially utilised Reward Tickets are eligible for refund.
- Any expired Miles that are refunded to the Membership will automatically be removed from the account.
- Expired Reward Tickets are not eligible for a refund (validity of Reward Tickets is one calendar year from the date of issue).
14. REWARD UPGRADES
- Reward Upgrades are available only on SAUDIA Flights (excluding SAUDIA codeshare flights operated by another carrier) and may be redeemed on a sector basis.
- Members must have sufficient Reward Miles for the requested Reward Upgrade at the time they request a Reward Upgrade.
- Only a single cabin upgrade is permissible e.g. Guest Class to Business Class, or Business Class to First Class.
- After the conclusion of Reward Upgrade, no further Reward Upgrades will be permitted for any of the remaining sectors.
- Members must hold a confirmed ticket for the flight they wish to upgrade prior to requesting a Reward Upgrade.
- Reward Upgrades are subject to specific booking class availability.
- All taxes (including airport and/or government taxes), fees and carrier-imposed charges where applicable are the responsibility of Members and must be paid prior to the issuance of the Reward Upgrade.
- Members can upgrade the remaining itineraries in the base ticket if it is partially utilised.
- Reward Upgrades using Miles are refundable.
- Miles earned for a Reward Upgrade will be according to the booking class of original ticket before being upgraded.
- Reward Upgrades are not permitted on Guest Saver (U Class), Special Fare, free and discounted tickets.
- All tickets, including base and upgraded tickets are subject to, and governed by, their applicable rules, terms and conditions in effect and as amended from time to time.
15. BUY, GIFT OR TRANSFER REWARD MILES
- Members may purchase, transfer or gift Reward Miles through the ALFURSAN Website.
- Members may purchase Reward Miles for his or her own Membership or purchase and gift another Membership for a minimum of 1,000 Reward Miles and up to a maximum of 80,000 Reward Miles in any one Calendar Year.
- Members may transfer Reward Miles to another Member for a minimum of 1,000 Reward Miles and up to a maximum of 120,000 Reward Miles in any one Calendar Year.
- Refunds of purchases, transfers or gifting of Reward Miles are not permitted after completion of the transaction.
- SAUDIA reserves the right to change the fares for purchase, transfer or gifting of Reward Miles or to impose additional restrictions on earning Reward Miles at any time without any prior notice.
- Member may not sell Reward Miles, directly or indirectly, for cash or any other consideration. Members may not purchase Reward Miles from any person.
- Any misuse or improper conduct involving the purchase, transfer or gifting of Reward Miles, or otherwise contrary to these Terms and Conditions shall be grounds for immediate cancellation of such Reward Miles, as well as cancellation of all other Reward Miles in the Membership account. SAUDIA reserves the right to cancel the Membership.
- SAUDIA shall be authorized to charge the credit card that Members provide for the transaction amount stated, which shall be based on the number of Reward Miles purchased by the Member at the prevailing rate. In the event of any Reward Miles or other financial discrepancy, the payment calculations under these Terms and Conditions shall be based upon data contained in SAUDIA’s records, and the data in SAUDIA’s records shall take precedence over the data in any other records.