Travelling with Pets
The Transport of Domestic Animals and Pets
- Saudia allows the carriage of household animals when they are properly confined into cages and accompanied by a valid health certificate and vaccination certificate against rabies and other animal diseases and other documents required by countries for entry or transit.
- Household animals will be accepted for carriage at passenger’s risk in the cabin or cargo holds, Saudia will not be responsible if authorities in other countries refuse entry or transiting of household animals via their countries.
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia allows the entry of Hunting/Guard/Seeing-Eye and Hearing dogs for blind and deaf passengers only. Cats are allowed on condition that the required health certificate must be obtained and attested by Saudi Embassies abroad.
- For transporting live animals (those accompanying the passengers ) need to be registered in Saudi Ministry of Environment, Water & Agriculture’s website (NAAMA) via the link here before travel.
- All wildlife animals or their products shall not be imported or exported to and from the kingdom unless they have a prior written permission from the national commission for wildlife conservation and development in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Required approvals to transport wildlife animals and its products may be obtained through the following address:(The National Commission for wildlife conservation and development Kingdom of Saudi Arabia P.O. box 61681 Riyadh 11575 Tel. 011-4418700 Fax. 011-4418413 for all wildlife animals and their products.)
- Transporting live animals, products or by- products any animal biological tools and preparations requires an approved import permit issued by Ministry of Environment, water and Agriculture.
- Importing or the entrance of live birds is not allowed to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The carriage of live birds is not allowed until the necessary permits by the Ministry of Agriculture are provided. The permits should prove that birds are free of any infectious diseases.
- Passengers are responsible to contact the authorities in the respective countries or transit points for regulations of importing pets.
- Pet must be harmless, in-offensive and odorless and must not require attention while in transit.
- Cats and small birds allowed to be carried in passenger cabin and A/C baggage bulk hold provided that it is equipped with ventilation system.
- Dogs shall be carried into the aircraft holds provided that the aircraft holds are equipped with ventilation system.
- Trained Dogs/ Rationalized Dogs (for the blind and hearing persons) are transported in plane stores without collecting any additional fees from the passenger.
- SAUDIA accepts the carriage of falcons in passenger cabin when properly hooded, accompanied by the handler and all procedures of entry permits and documents required by countries of entry or transit and valid Health Certificates have been completed provided that acceptance of carriage will be at the passenger’s own risk.
- Falcons are permitted to K.S.A. provided that necessary Health Certificates are obtained and a written approval from the National Commission for wildlife Conservation and Development in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Passengers must advise “Saudia” while making a booking that he/she is willing to transport a household pet.
- Carriage of other live-stock animals (large size/wild) can be accepted as cargo only after complying with air cargo rules and regulations.
- Extra baggage fees will be collected upon pets with maximum weight of 5 kg including the allotted cage either in the passengers’ compartment or within the plane stores.
- SAUDIA will collect $100 USD in cabin or $300 USD in the aircraft holds for domestic & International flights except USA & Canada stations.
- Please visit Canada & USA pages to check the fees of international flights from/to Canada & USA.
- These fees are subject to change, so please call the nearest sales office or any of SAUDIA sales call center from your respectful country.
- Cats shall be carried into the passenger cabin accompanied by the passenger providing that its weight plus the cage shall not exceed 5 kgs.
- Only one pet per container is allowed provided that total dimension of the container shall not excess (52.5 cm x 32.5 cm x 40 cm) or (21 in x 13 x 16 in).
- The container must have adequate number of holes for ventilation.
- The container must be completely leak proof.
- “Saudia” has the right to ensure the validity of containers to carry the animal.