Medical Information Form
Medical Certificates (MDIF)
In case you need medical assistance (stretchers or oxygen kits) onboard Saudia flights, kindly provide us with the following:
- Fill out our MEDIF report (here) and make sure to fill out all segments, preferably by computer.
- Include both the doctor's and the hospital's stamps and determine the expiration date of the MEDIF report (10–30–90 days).
- Send it via email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Both patient and escort bookings (if available).
- Medical requests need to be submitted three days before departure for domestic flights and seven days before departure for overseas flights.
- If you haven’t made a booking yet, kindly send us the IDs or passports for both patient and escort so we can create the bookings and send the medical request.
- If a patient needs a stretcher or continuous oxygen, an ambulance needs to be ready at the arrival station to make the arrival process easier and more comfortable for the patient.
- Please check the terms and conditions for carrying a portable device on board.
- For further assistance, feel free to contact us at +966126868540.
These conditions includes:
- Having a communicable disease or infection
- Having a medical condition that gives reasonable doubt that you can complete the flight safely without extraordinary medical assistance during flight
- The presence of the passenger may cause discomfort to other passengers due to his physical or behavioral status.
- The presence of the passenger may cause delays to the flight schedule, including the possibility of changing the flight rout or emergency landing
- The passenger can not rely on himself and requires full assistance during the flight.
- The passenger needs special medical attention and/or special devices to maintain his health during the flight.
You may download the Standard Medical Information Form For Air Travel (MEDIF) by clicking here.
Note: Preventive measures to prevent transmission of Ebola: Directorate General of Lebanese Civil Aviation announced that all carriers are requested to fill the attached medical form for passengers travelling from Congo & Uganda to RHI Airport and to be delivered to Quarantine Service at the RHI. Please click here, to fill the attached medical form for passengers travelling from Congo & Uganda.
Renal Failure Patient's Passengers
SAUDIA gives extra baggage allowance for medicines and medical equipment free of charge in addition to the amount of free baggage allowance according to the degree of travel. The patient has to carry a medical certificate from the hospital stating that they are renal failure patients.
Medical Oxygen Services
- SAUDIA provides free medical oxygen on its flights only if the arrangements were requested in advance. It is not permissible for passengers with disabilities to carry their own oxygen devices on the plane.
- In the case where the passenger needs medical oxygen before and after the flight, they must provide the required medical oxygen themselves.
- The passenger must be accompanied by a person who is fully knowledgeable with the operations of the oxygen system to help them through the flight.
Portable Oxygen Concentrator (POC) Terms and Conditions
information model for the application of portable oxygen concentrator
Acceptance of Pregnant Passengers
It is the duty of pregnant passengers to advise " SAUDIA " of the progress of their pregnancy at the point of booking of seat and at the check-in counter. The carriage of pregnant passengers is subject to the following conditions:
- Pregnant ladies are authorized to travel up to the 8th month without medical clearance.
- Medical clearance will be required if:
a) Child birth is expected in less than 4 weeks.
b) Uncertainty exists over the progress of the pregnancy and the date of delivery.
c) There were previous multiple births childbirth complications are expected.
d) The medical certificate must be issued within 10 days of the flight date.
- The lady will be refused carriage if the pregnancy is 35 weeks and above.
After week (32) of her pregnancy, the pregnant woman should provide a medical certificate (MEDIF) filled in by a competent doctor. The form is valid for a period of (10) days from the date of issue.
For further assistance, feel free to contact us at +966126868540.