SAUDIA Terms, Conditions, Passenger Advice, Notices and Liability Limitations
- The fare in this ticket is subject to change prior to commencement of travel.
- Carrier reserves the right to refuse carriage of any person who has acquired a ticket in violation of applicable laws of carrier’s tariffs, rules or regulations.
- SAUDIA charges administrative fees for (Re-booking / Reissuing / Refund / No show) upon customer request.
- Domestic tickets must be (reissued / refunded / renewed) within 12 months from the booking date specified in the ticket.
- Electronic international tickets will only be reissued or renewed within 12 months of the original issue date.
- For your safety and comfort, baggage carried inside the cabin must not exceed the following weights: 9 Kgs. for First and Business classes and 7 Kgs. for Guest class.
- SAUDIA does not serve or permit passengers to carry or drink alcoholic beverages on its flights.
- To avoid interruption to the aircraft’s communication systems SAUDIA strictly prohibits the use of cellular telephones on board. Please switch off any other electronic devices during take-off and landing.
- In order to render the best services to you, please provide our agents with your telephone number at the station of arrival or return. If you have a mobile phone please provide us with the number so we can contact you via SMS if necessary.
- For safety reasons, dangerous goods as defined in the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, such as those listed below, shall not be carried in or as passenger checked or carry-on baggage.
- Briefcases and security type attaché cases with installed alarm devices; or incorporative lithium batteries and / or pyrotechnic material.
- Explosives, munitions, fireworks and flares.
- Gases (flammable, non-flammable deeply refrigerated and poisonous) such as camping gas.
- Radioactive materials.
- Corrosives (such as mercury, acids, alkalis and wet cell batteries).
- Magnetized materials and miscellaneous dangerous goods.
- Oxidizing substances (such as bleaching powder and peroxides). Poisonous (toxic) and infectious substances.
- Flammable liquids, such as lighter fuels, paints and thinner.
- Flammable solids, such as MATCHES and articles which are easily ignited; substances liable to spontaneous combustion; substances which on contact with water emit flammable gases.
If the passenger’s journey involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention may be applicable and these Conventions govern and may limit the liability of carriers for death or bodily injury and in respect of loss of or damage to baggage. Many air carriers have waived the Warsaw Convention limits for death or bodily injury. Further information may be obtained from the carrier. See also notices headed "Advice to International Passengers on limitation of Liability" and "Notice of Baggage Liability Limitations".
CONTRACT OF CARRIAGE
- As used in this contract "ticket" means this passenger ticket and baggage check, or this itinerary/receipt if applicable, in this case of an electronic ticket, of which these conditions and the notices form part, "carriage" is equivalent to "transportation", "carrier" means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passengers or his baggage hereunder or perform any other services incidental to such air carriage, "electronic ticket" means the Itinerary/Receipt issued by or on behalf of carrier, the Electronic Coupons and, if applicable, a boarding document; "Warsaw Convention" means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12th October 1929, or that Convention as amended at the Hague. 28th September 1955, whichever may be applicable; "Montreal Convention" means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules for International Carriage by Air signed at Montreal, 28th May 1999.
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by either the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention unless such carriage is not "International Carriage" as defined by that Convention.
To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to:
- Provisions contained in this ticket.
- Applicable tariffs.
- Carrier’s conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier), except in transportation between a place in the United States or Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
- Carrier’s name may be abbreviated in the ticket. The full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or timetables; carrier’s address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier’s name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in carrier’s timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passenger’s route; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carrier’s is regarded as a single operation.
The air carriage contractor has the obligation to inform passengers of the identity of the operating air carrier or carriers.
- An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its Agent.
- Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
- For any baggage inquiries, please visit the following pages (Baggage allowances / Hand baggage / Lost or Mishandled Baggage / Special baggage/ Baggage Awareness Campaign ).
- This ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue except as otherwise provided in this ticket, in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, or related regulations. The fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse transportation if the applicable fare has not been paid.
- Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.
- Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
- No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive and provision of this contract.
SUMMARY REGARDING THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OF SAUDIA WITH REGARD TO PASSENGERS AND BAGGAGE
- This informative notice transcribes the ANNEX contained in the European Council Regulation EC Nº 2027/97, modified by Regulation EC No 889/2002, which summarizes the liability rules applied by Community air carriers as required by Community legislation and the Montreal Convention.
- Please note that this summary cannot be used as a basis for a claim for compensation, or as a basis to interpret the provisions of any applicable instrument of international or national law.
- Compensation in the case of death or injury: SAUDIA will be liable for passenger injury or death resulting from an accident which occurs onboard a SAUDIA Aircraft or during any of the operations of embarkation or disembarkation; no financial limits apply to that liability.
- Where damages have been proved SAUDIA will agree to the liability for passenger injury or death and will not contest claims for compensation for damages up to 100,000 SDRs (Special Drawing Rights), and up to 128,821 SDR’s where the Montreal Convention is applicable. Above that amount, SAUDIA can defend itself against a claim by proving that it was not negligent or otherwise at fault.
- Advance payments: If a passenger is killed or injured, SAUDIA must make an advance payment, to cover immediate economic needs, within 15 days from the identification of the person entitled to compensation. In the event of death, this advance payment shall not be less than 16,000 SDRs (Special Drawing Rights).
- Passenger delays: In case of passenger delay, SAUDIA is liable for damage unless it took all reasonable measures to avoid the damage or it was impossible to take such measures. The liability for passenger delay is limited to 5,346 SDRs (Special Drawing Rights).(*)
- Baggage delays: In case of baggage delay, SAUDIA is liable for damage unless it took all reasonable measures to avoid the damage or it was impossible to take such measures. The liability for baggage delay is limited to 1,288 SDRs (Special Drawing Rights). (*)
- Destruction, loss or damage to baggage: SAUDIA is liable for destruction, loss or damage to baggage up to 1,288 SDRs (Special Drawing Rights). In the case of checked baggage, it is liable even if not at fault, unless the baggage was defective. In the case of unchecked baggage, the carrier is liable only if at fault.
- Higher limits for baggage: A passenger can benefit from a higher liability limit by making a special declaration at the latest at check-in and by paying a supplementary fee.
- For any baggage inquiries, please visit the following pages (Baggage allowances / Hand baggage / Lost or Mishandled Baggage / Special baggage / Baggage Awareness Campaign).
- Liability of contracting and actual carriers: If the air carrier actually performing the flight is not the same as the contracting air carrier, the passenger has the right to address a complaint or to make a claim for damages against either. If the name or code of an air carrier is indicated on the ticket, that air carrier is the contracting air carrier.
- Time limit for action: Any action in court to claim damages must be brought within two years from the date of arrival of the aircraft, or from the date on which the aircraft ought to have arrived.
- Basis for the information: The basis for the rules described above is the Montreal Convention of 28 May 1999, which is implemented in the Community by Regulation (EC) No 2027/97 (as amended by Regulation (EC) No 889/2002) and national legislation of the Member States.
- (*) This deals with an individual passenger’s right to initiate judicial proceedings with a view to obtaining compensation for any damages resulting from a delay. Evidence of such damage and the air carrier’s liability for this must be provided.
ADVICE TO INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS ON LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Passengers embarking upon a journey involving an ultimate destination or a stop in a country other than the country of departure are advised that the provisions of an international treaty (the Warsaw Convention, the 1999 Montreal Convention, or other treaty), as well as a carrier’s own contract of carriage or tariff provisions, may be applicable to their entire journey, including any portion entirely within the countries of departure and destination. The applicable treaty governs and may limit the liability of carriers to passengers for death or personal injury, destruction or loss of, or damage to, baggage, and for delay of passengers and baggage.
Additional protection can usually be obtained by purchasing insurance from a private company. Such insurance is not affected by any limitation of the carrier’s liability under an international treaty.
For further information, please consult your airline or insurance company representative.
DOMESTIC CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT (Within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
- As used in this contract "ticket" means "Passenger Ticket and Baggage Check", "carriage" is equivalent to "transportation" and "carrier" means "SAUDIA Corporation", "damage" includes death, injury, loss or other damage of whatsoever nature arising out of or in connection with carriage or other services performed by SAUDIA incidental thereto.
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the conditions of this contract and or all applicable laws in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing, all carriage hereunder and other services performed by SAUDIA are subject to (i) applicable laws, government regulations, orders and requirements, (ii) provisions herein set forth, (iii) applicable tariffs and regulations which are made a part hereof and which may be inspected at SAUDIA Offices.
- Unless expressly so provided, nothing herein contained shall waive any limitation of liability of SAUDIA existing under the applicable laws.
Subject to the foregoing:
- SAUDIA is not liable for damage to passenger or unchecked baggage unless such damage is caused by the negligence of SAUDIA.
- SAUDIA is not liable for any damage directly and solely arising out of its compliance with any laws, government regulations, orders or requirement or from failure of passenger to comply with the same.
- In the transportation of passengers, the liability of SAUDIA shall be in accordance with the effective law of Saudi Arabia.
- In no case shall SAUDIA liability exceed the actual loss offered by the passenger.
- All claims are subject to proof of amount of loss.
- Insofar as any provision contained or referred to herein may be contrary to a law, government regulation, order or requirement, which severally cannot be waived by agreement of the parties, such provisions shall remain applicable and be considered as part of the contract of carriage to the extent only that such provision is not contrary thereto. The invalidity of any provision shall not affect any other part.
- Any exclusion or limitation of liability of SAUDIA under these conditions shall apply to agents, employees or representatives of SAUDIA acting within the scope of their employment and also to any person whose aircraft is used by SAUDIA for carriage and its agents, employees or representatives acting within the scope of their employment.
- Check baggage carried hereunder will be delivered to the bearer upon return to SAUDIA of the baggage claim tag.
- When validated, this ticket is good for carriage from the airport at the place of departure to the airport at the place of destination via the route shown herein and for the applicable class of service and is valid for one Gregorian year from the date of commencement of flight except as otherwise provided in SAUDIA tariffs or regulations. Each flight coupon will be accepted for carriage on the date and flight for which accommodations have been reserved; when flight coupons are issued on an "open date" basis, accommodations will be reserved upon application subject to availability of space.
- SAUDIA undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch, but no particular time is fixed for the commencement or completion of carriage. Subject thereto, SAUDIA may without notice substitute aircraft and may alter or omit the stopping places shown on the face of the ticket in case of necessity. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are approximate and not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Schedules are subject to change without notice. SAUDIA assume no responsibilities for making connections.
- The passenger shall comply with all government travel requirements and arrive at the airport by the time fixed by SAUDIA or if no time fixed, sufficiently in advance of flight departure to permit completion of government formalities and departure procedures. SAUDIA is not liable for loss or expense due to passenger’s failure to comply with this provision.
- No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive and provision of this contract.
- No action shall lie in the case of damage to baggage, unless the person entitled to delivery complains to SAUDIA forthwith after the discovery of the damage, and at the latest within five days from the date of receipt, and in the case of delay, unless the complaint is made at the latest within five days from the date on which the baggage has been placed at his disposal. Every complaint must be made in writing and dispatched within the times aforesaid. Failure to give notice shall not be a bar to suit where claimant proves that (i) it was not reasonably possible for him to give such notice, or (ii) the management of Saudi had knowledge of damage to passenger’s baggage.
- Any right to damages against SAUDIA shall be extinguished unless an action is brought within two Hegira year, reckoned from the date of arrival at the destination, or from the date on which the aircraft ought to have arrived or from the date on which the carriage stopped.
NOTICE OF BAGGAGE LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
Liability for loss, delay, or damage to baggage is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. For many international journeys, the Warsaw Convention may apply with liability limits of approximately US$9.07 per pound (US$20.00 per kilo) for checked baggage and US$400.00 per passenger for unchecked baggage. In some cases, where the Montreal Convention applies to your journey, the applicable liability limit is 1,288 SDR (Special Drawing Rights) for checked and unchecked baggage.
Air carrier is obliged to compensate the customer within (30) days from the date of submitting the claim for loss or damage baggage.
Air carrier is obliged to compensate the customer for delayed baggage equivalent to (20) SDR for each day of delay and maximum (100) SDR for domestic flights, and (40) SDR for each day of delay and maximum (200) SDR.
For travel wholly between U.S. points, federal rules require any limit on an airline’s baggage liability to be at least US$2,800 per passenger. Excess valuation may be declared on certain types of articles. Some carriers assume no liability for fragile, valuable or perishable articles. Further information may be obtained from the carrier.
NOTICE OF GOVERNMENT IMPOSED TAXES, FEES AND CHARGES
The price of this ticket may include taxes, fees and charges which are imposed on air transportation by government authorities. These taxes, fees and charges which may represent a significant portion of the cost of air travel, are either included in the fare, or shown separately in the "TAX" box(es) of this ticket. You may also be required to pay taxes, fees and charges not already collected.
DENIED BOARDING BY OVERBOOKING
Note: In those countries where Denied Boarding Compensation regulations are in force, carriers operate compensation plans for passengers with confirmed reservation who are denied boarding because of non-availability of seats caused by overbooking, details of these plans are available at the airlines’ offices.
U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations regarding Denied Boarding Compensation (DBC)
In accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) of USA and pursuant to Tarmac Delay new rules (14 CFR 259.4), the compensation amount in the event of Denied Boarding has been changed as following:
Amount of Denied Boarding Compensation
Passengers traveling from the United States to a foreign point who are denied boarding involuntarily from an oversold flight originating at a U.S. airport are entitled to:
- No compensation if the carrier offers alternate transportation* that is planned to arrive at the passenger's destination or first stopover not later than one hour after the planned arrival time of the passenger's original flight;
- 200% of the one way fare to the passenger's destination or first stopover, with a maximum of $650, if the carrier offers alternate transportation* that is planned to arrive at the passenger's destination or first stopover more than one hour but less than four hours after the planned arrival time of the passenger's original flight;
- 400% of the one way fare to the passenger's destination or first stopover, with a maximum of $1,300, if the carrier does not offer alternate transportation* that is planned to arrive at the airport of the passenger's destination or first stopover less than four hours after the planned arrival time of the passenger's original flight.
* Alternate Transportation
is air transportation with a confirmed reservation at no additional charge (by any scheduled airline licensed by DOT), or other transportation accepted and used by the passenger in the case of denied boarding.
Method of Payment
- Except as provided below, the airline must give each passenger who qualifies for involuntary denied boarding compensation a payment by cash or check for the amount specified above, on the day and at the place the involuntary denied boarding occurs.
- If the airline arranges alternate transportation for the passenger's convenience that departs before the payment can be made, the payment shall be sent to the passenger within 24 hours
- The air carrier may offer free or discounted transportation in place of the cash payment.
- Discounted transportation before the passenger decides whether to accept the transportation in lieu of a cash or check payment. The passenger may insist on the cash/check payment or refuse all compensation and bring private legal action.
- Acceptance of the compensation may relieve SAUDIA from any further liability to the passenger caused by its failure to honor the confirmed reservation.
- However, the passenger may decline the payment and seek to recover damages in a court of law or in some other manner.
Important information for Hajj, Umrah and Tourist travelers
- SAUDIA guests holding Umrah visas and planning to travel to Saudi Arabia to perform Umrah, can book and issue tickets through SAUDIA’s (Website/Mobile Website/Mobile App/KIOSK) on all available cabin classes.
- SAUDIA guests holding Hajj visas and planing to visit Saudi Arabia to perform Hajj are not allowed to book and issue tickets through SAUDIA's (Website/Mobile Website/Mobile App/KIOSK) and have to contact the nearest Saudia office or a certified travel agency by the Saudi Hajj Ministry to do the required preparations.
- SAUDIA guests holding Umrah & Hajj visas will not be accepted via ( Riyadh, Dammam, or Yanbu) airports within code shared flights ( 6xxx) which are operated by other airlines.”
- SAUDIA guests holding tourist visas have to carry a valid passport for a minimum of 6 months taking into consideration the agreements between Saudi Arabia and the other countries regarding passport validity (example: US citizens).
- Tourists coming to Saudi Arabia must not be under the age of (18) unless accompanied by a guardian.
Guests traveling with Hajj, Umrah, visit and Tourist visas shall strictly follow the following instructions as per Saudi government regulations:
During the Hajj Period from 1/11/1441AH (22/6/2020) to 15/12/1441AH (5/8/2020), all guests holding Visit visas are permitted to enter the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia via international airports (King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh, or King Fahd International Airport in Dammam).
SAUDIA applies the regulations issued by official authorities in Saudi Arabia regarding the transfer of SAUDIA guests who are holding Visit or seasonal work visas during the Hajj (pilgrimage) season to King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah and Prince Mohammad Bin Abdulaziz International Airport in Madinah. Therefore, all guests arriving during the Hajj (pilgrimage) season have to check with the embassies and consulates of Saudi Arabia in their countries for these regulations, noting that SAUDIA will not accept liability in the event of refusal of travel based on these regulations.
Any person who wishes to enter the kingdom for tourism has to obtain a valid visa (unless his / her entry does not require that). The visa can be obtained through the following:
Visa upon arrival: the tourist can apply for this visa upon arrival at any of the Kingdom entry points. Check-in agents at the departure station shall ensure that the tourist is eligible to apply for the visa according to the clarified list of nationalities available on the electronic platform (https://visa.visitsaudi.com/), in addition travelers holding USA, United Kingdom or a Schengen visas, for more information please click here, and visa issuance procedures will be completed upon arrival through passport offices or via the self-services machines.
E-visa: the tourist can apply for the via the website (https://visa.visitsaudi.com/).
The tourist can obtain the visa from one of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques representatives abroad.
In all circumstances, the passenger has to carry a valid passport for a minimum of 6 months taking into consideration the agreements between Saudi Arabia and the other countries regarding passport validity (example: US citizens).
The tourist coming to Saudi Arabia must not be under the age of (18) unless accompanied by a guardian.
The visa is for multiple visits and is valid for (12) months starting from the date of issuance. The period of stay shall not exceed (90) days per visit according to regulations.
For more information about Eligible Countries, please click here.
- Further details about Hajj and Umrah can be obtained the Ministry of Hajj website at: (http://www.haj.gov.sa)
- SAUDIA shall not accept any claims or complaints in violation of the aforementioned policy & procedures and shall accept no legal responsibility in whatsoever nature.
If you have any comments concerning SAUDIA services, please contact:
GM Customer Relations, SAUDIA, CC 796,
P.O. Box 620, Jeddah 21231, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Tel: +966 (0) 12 686 4588 - Fax: +966 (0) 12 686 4587 - Toll-free: 800-118-0000
DISCLAIMER ABOUT ONBOARD PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
All complimentary and promotional services/products announced provided on board the aircraft such as, without limitation, Internet connection, free WiFi, GSM (Mobile communications) are subject to technical availability and connectivity which varies from user to another and from aircraft to another.
NOTICE FROM INTERNATIONAL CIVIL AVIATION ORGANIZATION ABOUT INFECTIOUS DISEASES
According to International Civil Aviation Organization and to maintain the safety of the passengers, you must disclose any infectious diseases when purchasing tickets in order to maintain your health and the health of travelers.
To download Standard Medical Information Form for Air Travel (MEDIF), Please click here.