Welcome onboard SV227
Take the lead with SAUDIA and let’s save the planet
Dear planets savers,
Thank you for being a valuable part in our commitment toward the environment and give SAUDIA the opportunity to have you in our first sustainable flight in history.
As the climate change is the greatest challenge facing our planet, air travel produces millions of metric tons of carbon dioxide each year (about 3% of global carbon dioxide emissions). It is one of the fastest-growing sources of greenhouse gases. Therefor, SAUDIA strives to continually improve the environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods and we are committed to becoming an industry leader in sustainability and to minimize the environmental impact of its operations, in the air, on the ground and throughout our supply chain.
As part of this commitment, SAUDIA is proudly participating with the other airlines within SkyTeam alliance in The Sustainable Flight Challenge (TSFC) by finding the most sustainable way to operate one single flight in our existing networks. The Sustainable Flight Challenge is not simply about taking part; it is about coming together to take responsibility for the future.
SAUDIA selected (SV227) From JED to MAD on May 12th ,2022 to be our fist sustainable flight in the history. we have put all our aircraft, products, materials, processes and partnerships under review in order to come up with an action plan that allow us to minimize our footprint on the environment and produce much less emissions by:
- Selecting aircraft with most efficient engines
- Enhance and optimize aircraft ground handling
- Optimize aircraft takeoff and landing weight
- Optimize weight onboard
- Optimize Load factor
- Optimize the flight plan (right levels, right speeds, right taxiway…)
- Organic food and beverages
- Recyclable materials
- Lightweight equipment
- Reusable service materials
“ Did you know, lightening your luggage by 7 KG would decrease your emissions by about 36 KG on a ten-hour flight. Imagine if 200 passengers on your flight packed light – It would eliminate 7,200 KG of CO2! ”
Let's Get Involved
"Together we can make a difference and tread a greener footprint"
Captain. IBRAHIM KOSHY
CEO SAUDIA AIR TRANSPORT COMPANY
Climate aviation facts
- 6 hour flight approximately emits as much carbon emissions as heating a home for an entire year.
- Worldwide, flights produced 915 million tonnes of CO2 in 2019. Globally, humans produced over 43 billion tonnes of CO2.
- The global aviation industry produces around 2.1% of all human-induced carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions.
- Aviation is responsible for 12% of CO2 emissions from all transports sources, compared to 74% from road transport.
- Around 80% of aviation CO2 emissions are emitted from flights of over 1,500 km, for which there is no practical alternative mode of transport.
We're Committed to Combat Climate Change
Food & Beverage
We endeavor to provide every guest with a luxurious and eco-friendly experience.
Our meals are prepared with high quality organic vegetables grown utilizing advanced sustainable technology.
Enjoy the best organic produce grown with reduced carbon footprint and significantly less water usage.
OUR IN-FLIGHT MENUS
Package & Product Design
Eco-friendly approach to packaging & product design that aims to minimize today’s food waste and effect a significant weight reduction, thus reducing fuel burn and CO2 emissions.
- 100% Recycled Paper
- FSC Certified wood fiber
- Zero plastic 100% composable material