Baggage and Optional Fees
Free Baggage Allowance and Baggage Fees for flights within Saudi Arabia
- Guest Class passengers are entitled to carry one piece of luggage weighing 25kg maximum.
- First Class & Business Class passengers are entitled to carry two pieces of luggage, each weighing 25kg maximum.
- All SAUDIA ALFURSAN (Gold/Silver) members and SkyTeam (Elite Plus / Elite) members are allowed to carry one extra piece not exceeding 25 kg.
If any piece of luggage weighs more than 25kg the passenger will be requested to redistribute the contents of the luggage in order for the total weight to fall within the limits. If the number of pieces of luggage exceeds the weight limit, the passenger will be requested to pay a fine of SR100 for each piece over the limit.
Similarly, if the number of pieces is over the limit but their total weight is within the limits, a SR100 fine will be applied to each piece.
Free Baggage Allowance and Baggage Fees for International flights
* All 6th freedom passengers from/to USA are allowed to carry 2 pieces for all classes.
- All Guest class passengers are allowed to carry 2 pieces not exceeding 23 kg ($60 charge will be added if baggage weight exceeds 23 kg up to maximum 32 kg).
- All other Free Baggage Allowance, for First and Business classes, must not exceed 32 kg for all sectors.
- All infant allowance should not exceed 10 kg.
- All SAUDIA ALFURSAN (Gold/Silver) members and SkyTeam (Elite Plus / Elite) members are allowed to carry one extra piece not exceeding 23 kg ($60 charge will be added if baggage weight exceeds 23 kg up to maximum 32 kg).
- All tickets issued before 01 September 2012, should be accepted as shows on the ticket.
Excess Baggage Charges
- Excess baggage piece should not exceed 23KG and within the Standard Dimension.
- An additional $60 will be charged if over 23KG up to 32KG.
- An additional $100 will be charged if the piece is over the Standard Maximum Weight (32KG) to be ($60 + $100) for each piece.
- An additional $100 will be charged if the piece is over the Standard Dimensions.
- All tickets issued before 1st September, 2012 with Weight Concept will be accepted as is for free allowance.
- All fees will be collected with local currencies or its equivalent.
Passenger travelling from Jeddah to London carrying 3 pieces to check-in on economy class, The baggage acceptance will be as follows:
- The 1st piece will be accepted as free allowance without any charges with maximum of (32KG).
- The 2nd piece will be accepted as excess baggage ($150 or equivalent) with maximum of (23KG) and 205cm dimension.
- If the 2nd piece is over (23KG), an additional $60 should be added to excess baggage fee ($150 + $60 = $210 or equivalent).
- The 3rd piece will be accepted as excess baggage ($150 or equivalent) with maximum of (23KG) and 205cm dimension.
- If the 3rd piece is over the standard dimensions 205cm3, an additional $100 will be added to excess baggage fee ($150 + $100 = $250 or equivalent).
Passenger travelling from New York to Islamabad carrying 3 pieces to check-in on economy class and holding Alfursan Gold Card, the procedure should be as follows:
- The 1st & 2nd bags will be accepted as free allowance without any charges with maximum of (23KG) and 157cm USA standard dimension.
- The 3rd bag will be accepted free as complementary for Alfursan Gold Member without any charges with maximum of (23KG) and 157cm USA Standard Dimension.
- If any of the three pieces is over 23KG, only $60 will be charged for each piece.
- If any of the three pieces is over the Standard Dimension Size, only $100 will be charged for each piece.
- If any of the three pieces is over the Standard Weight (32KG), only $100 will be charged for each piece.
Unchecked Baggage (Carry-On Baggage) Allowance
> Cabin baggage
In addition to the free baggage allowance, Saudi Airlines may allow each passenger to carry hand baggage under his supervision and on free basis to be placed in closed overhead rack or under the seat in front of the passenger and cabin baggage tag should be labeled on it according to the following:
For passengers departing from USA to Saudi Arabia only one carry-on baggage in all class of services not to exceed ( 16 pounds in weight and 45 inches in dimensions ).
- Saudi Arabian airline retains the sole discretion to determine, for purpose of the safety, the security or the comfort of other passengers(such as food &beverages) , whether any item of the baggage will be permitted in the cabin or carried as checked baggage.
- Check-in agent should notify the passenger connecting on SAUDIA that the free carry-on baggage may not be accepted at the connecting stations due to variation of aircraft types and in-sufficiency of over head racks.
> Free Carry-On Items
Items carried free of charge in passenger’s custody and under his responsibility without a carry-on baggage tag affixed to it are the following:
Excess Baggage with conditions or limitations
In the case where the passenger needs to carry luggage weighing more than 32 kg, and can not be separated into pieces (such as musical instruments / sports tools / medical equipment ... etc.), the passenger must notify Saudi Arabian Airlines in advance to take the necessary arrangements for the luggage to be transferred.
The banned carriage of substances among the luggage
For safety reasons Saudi Arabian Airlines prohibits carrying hazardous materials on its flights such as:
- Firearms, ammunition, swords, and knives.
- Explosives, incendiary materials, flammable, toxic substances, and compressed gases.
For flights departing from or to the United States of America and the European Union countries, there are additional security measures prohibiting the carriage of certain materials within the hand luggage in accordance with the following:
- All liquid materials, gels, toothpaste, liquid cosmetics, and perfumes.
- Cigarette lighters in both hand baggage and inspected luggage.
Saudi Arabian Airlines is pleased to offer the following services at no cost to our passengers:
- Meals and beverages in all cabin classes (please note only non-alcoholic beverages are served).
- Blankets and pillows, headsets for viewing movies, sleeping blinds (subject to availability).
- In-flight Entertainment – music, movies and video programs.
- Reading materials including newspapers and magazines (subject to availability).
- Advanced seat selection (where available).
- Overnight amenity kits for all classes.
- Toys and complementary items for children (subject to availability).
More details are available on the appropriate sections of the web site.
Saudi Arabian Airlines also offers the following special services to our passengers, subject to prior arrangements. Please check the appropriate sections on our website for more details:
- Special Assistance, including Special Meals, Medical Assistance, Unaccompanied Children and Carriage of Pets and Falcons.
- Special Travel Needs, including medical devices (free medical oxygen) , wheelchairs and wheelchair assistance, assistance to the visually-impaired (including menus and safety cards in Braille), assistance to the hearing-impaired and others.
Saudi Arabian Airlines exerts all efforts to assist our passengers who are travelling with disabilities, the elderly, children and families traveling together and other passengers with special needs.