What are needed before traveling to the following countries?
Dear SAUDIA Guest,
- The suspension of international flights is still in effect — in compliance with the precautionary measures announced by the governing authorities to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- The completion of a reservation and issuance of tickets according to the schedule of flights available on the website does not serve as a confirmation of the operation of those flights on the selected dates in the reservation system.
- The resumption of international flights is linked to the directives issued by the governing authorities.
- To view the restrictions and excemptions applied on the tickets, please click here.
If you are flying to one of our destinations in UAE, you are kindly requested by authorities to follow guidelines below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
- All guests (citizens, residents, tourists and transit guests) must obtain a negative PCR test certificate before arriving into DXB or DWC.
- All guests including citizens, residents and tourists departing from DXB or DWC to the European Union or United Kingdom are required to carry a hard copy of negative COVID19 certificate.
Children under the age of 12 and children with moderate to severe disabilities are exempted from PCR.
Negative COVID19 certificates should be valid for 96 hours from time of PCR.
- All guests arriving from the list of 30 countries below will undergo another PCR test upon arriving into DXB or DWC.
- All guests arriving from the list countries below must download “COVID-19 DXB” app to fill out the required information before arriving to DXB/DWC and show QR code upon arrival as explained in the guidance below.
List of Countries List of Countries Pakistan Iran Uzbekistan Somaliland Egypt Brazil Montenegro Tajikistan Sri Lanka Sudan South Africa Armenia India Turkey Lebanon Turkmenistan Tanzania Philippine Indonesia Kyrgyzstan Nigeria Bangladesh Djibouti Eritrea Russia Serbia Iraq Kazakhstan USA (California, Florida and Texas) Afghanistan
COVID-19 DXB Mobile Application:
- All guests must obtain entry permission from ICA website before booking their flight via the link here.
- Guests need to show negative PCR test result from approved labs before arriving to AUH from their origin destination or connecting via their destination to AUH. List of approved labs are on the link here.
- Validity of PCR test result shall be 96 hours before arrival to AUH.
- Guests must show a hard copy of PCR certificate at check-in counters.
- Guests will undergo PCR prior immigration upon their arrival at AUH.
- Children under 12 years are not required to present the negative PCR before traveling to Abu Dhabi as they will be tested upon their arrival at Abu Dhabi Airport.
Guests should download ALHOSN app prior departure as it is mandatory for tracking purposes when arriving to AUH.
UAE nationals must register in TAWAJUDI prior traveling from AUH.
- All guests must fulfill all requirements by country of destination.
If you are flying to Kuwait, you are kindly requested by Kuwaiti authorities to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
Restrictions of entry:
Non-Kuwaiti guests arriving directly from the counties listed below even if transiting via other countries which are not listed, are not allowed to enter the State of Kuwait until further notice. Except for guests who settled in unlisted countries for at least (14) days then conduct COVID-19 test after the (14) days and hold PCR negative result certificate. PCR certificate shall not exceed (72) hours between the test date and the arrival to Kuwait.
India, Iran, China, Brazil, Colombia, Armenia, Bangladesh, Philippine, Syria, Spain, Singapore, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Iraq, Mexico, Indonesia, Chile, Pakistan, Egypt, Lebanon, Hong Kong, Italy, North Macedonia, Moldova, Panama, Serbia, Montenegro, Dominican, Republic, Kosovo.
Tickets must be booked electronically or by telephone and received by email.
- Guests must provide information about their health status on request. If required by the destination, guest must provide a certificate from an accredited health center, stating they are free from Coronavirus infection and only travel during the period of validity of the certificate.
- Kuwaiti citizens must provide health insurance for the duration of travel and this must include possible treatment for Coronavirus infection.
- Guests must ensure they understand the travel information provided and follow the procedures of Kuwait International Airport during departure and the relevant procedures on arrival at their destination.
- Guests must attend the airport at least 4 hours before traveling.
- Guests must register with the (Kuwait - Traveler) application and submit the relevant barcode at all stages of travel.
- Entry to Airport Terminal is not permitted, except for travelers and Airport employees, with exception of those assisting passengers with special needs or restricted mobility, the elderly or other special cases that require their presence at the airport.
- Carry-on luggage will not be permitted and will not be allowed on the aircraft, except for small bags of medicine, personal effects and children's belongings.
- Follow health guidance by wearing mask, wearing gloves, using hands sanitizer, and practicing social distance.
All guests must register on Shlonak App before boarding on the airplane.
- Every guest must provide a PCR test certificate with negative result from an accredited health center and ensure that the certificate issued within (96 hours) from the date of the examination.
- PCR certificate must be issued in English language from one of the laboratories approved by the concerned authority in Kuwait which are listed here.
- SAUDIA will not accept any guest showing any symptoms of high temperature or symptoms of Corona virus.
- All arriving guests will undergo mandatory quarantine for 14 days in their homes.
- Random PCR test will be taken for 10% of arriving guests from each flight.
- Follow health guidance by wearing mask, wearing gloves, using hands sanitizer, and practicing social distance.
If you are flying to Oman, you are kindly requested by authorities in Oman to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
Departing from Oman:
Omani citizens shall have health insurance valid in the country to which they are travelling.
- Guests shall comply with the conditions of the country to which they are travelling to.
- Citizens and foreigners allowed to travel from Oman without permit.
Traveling to Oman:
- Citizens arriving to Oman are subject to 14 days of domestic quarantine.
- Foreigners arriving to Oman are subject to institutional quarantine for 14 days and must present confirmation of accommodation and means to cover its expenses.
- Arriving guests shall be required to download and start the registration process on the Tarassud+ application before arrival as well as pay an amount of 5 OMR to obtain a tracking bracelet to wear during quarantine.
- All visitors are required to have health insurance valid for the full duration of their stay in Oman.
- Non-Omanis allowed to enter Oman only under a permit issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs via their embassy or sponsor or national airlines (Oman Air and Salam Air).
- Foreign diplomats returning to Oman are excluded from the previous conditions except for the domestic quarantine requirement.
If you are flying to Bahrain, you are kindly requested by authorities in Bahrain to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
All guests will be charged BD 30 for the COVID-19 test upon arrival and BD 30 for the exit test at the end of the quarantine period.
- All guests must be self-isolated for 10 days.
- Test fee shall be paid in advance by the guest through BeAware App or self-service payment kiosks at the destination airport.
If you are flying to our destinations in Egypt, you are kindly requested by Egyptian authorities to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA
Wear your face mask all time during flight.
- Allow safe distance between you and other guests.
- Non-Egyptian guests must hold negative PCR test result issued within 72 hours from arrival, except tourists guests in direct flights or transiting to Sharm El Sheikh (SSH), Hurghada (HRG), Taba (TCP), Marsa Alam (RMF), Mersa Matruh (MUH) airports.
- Fill out health declaration form below onboard and before disembarking from aircraft to provide it to health authorities in the airport.
If you are flying to Beirut, Lebanon, you are kindly requested by health authorities in Lebanon to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
Guests must show a negative PCR test (done the latest 96 hours before departure to Lebanon) at check in counters, otherwise will not be allowed to board the plane departing to Lebanon.
- Every guest wishing to travel to Lebanon will pay 50 USD or its equivalent in Lebanese pounds on - except for children under twelve (12) years old - which is the cost of the test that every passenger shall undergo upon arrival to BRHIA airport.
- Guests who left Lebanon and returned to it within one week period are allowed not to take PCR test in the countries they intended to return from.
- Guests will be informed by the test results within 24hrs from their arrival date, during that time they shall stay in their residence place.
- All guests must fill a Health Declaration Form before boarding in the airplane, and guests who did not fill the form will not be denied from boarding in the airplane.
If you are flying to one of our destinations in Morocco, you are kindly requested by health authorities in Morocco to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
Only Moroccan citizens and residents who hold valid resident visa are permitted to travel to Morocco.
- All guests must hold PCR Test Certificate with negative result of COVID-19 (48) hours prior to the flight.
- All guests must fill up the Passenger Health Form electronically via the link here and have it printed and signed.
If you are flying to one of our destinations in Tunis, you are kindly requested by Tunisian authorities to follow guidelines below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
The following is the Commitment Form that must be filled and signed at check-in before boarding then provide it to SAUDIA flight attendant when onboard when requested.
Certificate of Analysis (RT-PCR):
The guest must provide a prof of a negative result of Covid-19 whose date of completion doesn’t exceed 72 hours on arrival in Tunisia and the date of the analyzes must not exceed 120 hours on arrival.
This certificate must be handed over by the guest to the health authorities at the airport at the thermal detection points.
Tunis allows transit guests who are travelling from countries classified in the green list by the National Observatory of New and Emerging Diseases (ONMNE) subject to the following conditions:
- The guest must continue his/her trip on the same airline which carried him/her to Tunisia.
- The second flight to the next destination must be provided on the same day of the guest’s arrival in Tunisia.
If you are flying to China, you are kindly requested by health authorities in China to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
All inbound and outbound guests must declare their health conditions online 24 hours in advance using WeChat App or the website. Please click here to access the website.
- All guests must report their information daily starting from the 14th day before boarding the flight using WeChat App.
All guests must fill the Statement of Commitment form and sign it before check-in, then hand it over before boarding when requested.
- Chinese guests must present their green health codes with an “HS” mark to be allowed to board in the airplane.
- Non-Chinese guests must present Health Declaration Forms issued by a Chinese embassy or consulate to be allowed to board in the airplane.
- Guests must ensure the validity of their health code or Health Declaration form before boarding in the airplane.
United Kingdom (UK)
Travel to the United Kingdom (UK)
The UK Government has introduced new rules for residents or visitors travelling to the UK. Please Read more.
Travelers must comply with these new rules in order to avoid denial of entrance to the UK (unless you’re either British or a UK resident) or fines.
If you are flying to France, you are kindly requested by authorities in France to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
All guests must hold PCR Test Certificate with negative result of COVID-19 taken within (72) hours to arrival. Otherwise, guests will undergo PCR test then quarantined until receiving the result.
If you are flying to Germany, you are kindly requested by authorities in Germany to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
- All guests shall take COVID-19 test either within 48 hours in advance at the point of departure or within 72 hours after entering Germany.
- All guests who visited a country listed as a risk area by German authority in the last 14 days before entering Germany will be subject to quarantine. Updated list of risk areas are in the link here.
- All guests visited risk areas in the last 14 days must fill up Public Health Passenger Locator Form and hand them to health authority at the arrival airport.
If you are flying to Turkey, you are kindly requested by authorities in Turkey to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
All guests must fill out the Public Health Passenger Locator Form before boarding the aircraft.
- Carry-on baggage other than women's purses, men's briefcases, laptop cases/bags and baby carrier bags are not allowed inside the cabin.
- Guests should wear medical masks while inside the aircraft or at the airport except babies under 2 years old.
If you are flying to Greece, you are kindly requested by authorities in Greece to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
- All guests must fill up Passenger Locator Form via the link here and obtain confirmation receipt at least 24 hours before scheduled flight time.
- Guests must show confirmation receipt and PLF QR code at check-in counter.
- All non EU Citizens are prohibited to enter the Greece.
- Citizens and permanent residents from Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia, Uruguay, the United Arab Emirates are permitted to enter Greece. Visitors will be subject to random tests upon arrival. Upon being tested, the visitor is free to move to the final destination. If the test is positive, 14 day quarantine under supervision is required at the final destination
- Exempted from the restriction are:
- Family members of EU citizens.
- Citizens of Schengen member states and their family members.
- Passengers travelling for essential reasons, including health Issues, business purposes, imperative family reasons, persons in need of international protection.
- Healthcare professionals and health researchers designated to support the Greece national healthcare system.
- Third-country citizens who are long-term residents or hold a residence permit of an EU or Schengen member state.
- Third country government members, diplomats, staff of International organizations, military personnel and humanitarian aid workers in the exercise of their duties, students, highly specialized personnel, essential to the function of the state.
- Passengers in transit.
- ACFT flight crew.
- Non EU or non-Schengen citizens travelling for imperative family or business reasons provided that the relevant authorization has been obtained by the Greece consulate until 14 AUG 20:59 2020 or further notice.
If you are flying to one of our destinations in Italy, you are kindly requested by authorities in Italy to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
All guests must fill Self-Declaration Form below with correct information, then provide signed form when requested at the origin station.
- All guests must fill Purpose of Entering Italy Form below, then provide signed to Police Department when arrived Italy upon request.
- Based on the restrictive measures imposed by Ministry of Health Italy with regard to passengers originating from certain extra-EU Countries, The passengers who during the last fourteen days have stayed in or have transited through the following Countries (Armenia , Bahrain , Bangladesh , Brazil , Bosnia , Chile , Kuwait , North Macedonia , Moldova , Oman , Panama , Peru , Dominican Republic , Serbia, Montenegro And Kosovo ) cannot enter Italy for whatsoever reason or condition.
If you are flying to India, you are kindly requested by health authorities in India to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
All guests must submit self-declaration form on the online portal at least 72 hours before scheduled travel date. Online portal can be accessed from the link here.
- All guests would undergo mandatory quarantine for 14 days - 7 days paid institutional quarantine at their own cost, followed by 7 days isolation at home with self-monitoring of health.
- Only for exceptional and compelling reasons such as cases of human distress, pregnancy, death in family, serious illness and parent(s) accompanied by children below 10 years, as assessed by the receiving states, home quarantine may be permitted for 14 days. Use of Arogya Setu app shall be mandatory in such cases. Exceptional must be requested through link here. The decision taken by the government as communicated on the online portal will be final.
- All guests shall download Arogya Setu app on their mobile devices.
- Please do not book any domestic flight before you complete the mandatory institutional quarantine and have PCR negative result.
If you are flying to Bangladesh, you are kindly requested by authorities in Bangladesh to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
All guests intending to depart for any international destination from Bangladesh must fulfill all requirements and follow instructions of the competent authority of the respective country of destination.
- Foreign guests arriving to Bangladesh with valid visas must obtain a negative PCR test certificate translated to English and issued within 72 hours of travel.
- If any Bangladeshi or Bangladesh origin guests possess an NVR and come to Bangladesh without the required ‘COVID-19 Negative’ certificate, he/she would be institutionally quarantined for 14 (Fourteen) days. Children below the age of 10 years is exempted from the provision of this paragraph.
- If any Bangladeshi or Bangladesh origin passengers possess an NVR and come to Bangladesh with the ‘COVID-19 Negative’ certificate, he/she would be home/self-quarantined for 14 (Fourteen) days. However, if he/she is diagnosed with any symptom of Corona Virus on his/her arrival, he/she would be institutionally quarantined in for 14 (Fourteen) days. Children below the age of 10 years is exempted from the provision of this paragraph.
- This directive does not apply on foreign nationals/diplomats unless otherwise required by the concerned authority at the destination country.
If you are flying to Malaysia, you are kindly requested by authorities in Malaysia to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
All guests must fill in a Letter of Undertaking (LoU) and email it to the Embassy of Malaysia at least three (3) days before departure date. The Embassy will then issue a Travel Notice to the travelers via email.
- All guests are required to undergo COVID-19 screening test upon arrival at the Malaysia international point of entry. The costs for the test will be charged to the guests.
- All guest’s information needs to be registered in MySejahtera APP at least one (1) day from the date of departure. The APP can be downloaded from Apple Appstore, Google PlayStore and Huawei App Gallery.
Letter of Undertaking.
If you are flying to one of our destinations in The Philippines, you are kindly requested by health authorities in The Philippines to follow guidelines below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA
Fill out e-CIF form online with correct name spelling as in the passport. Please press here to access e-CIF.
- All guests will have to undergo swab test (RT PCR COVID-19 testing) after arriving to The Philippines.
- Every person arriving in The Philippines must be quarantined until they have received a negative COVID-19 test result and comply with a mandatory 14-Day quarantine at home. While waiting for their results, guests must stay in a government-designated stringent quarantine facility or in a BOQ approved Quarantine hotel.
- Travelers whose test results are positive will be transferred to a designated hospital for further medical management.