Baggage allowance to be transported free of charge for travelers with special needs:
Passengers who use wheelchairs or crutches may carry them on the flight.
Wheelchairs and crutches must be placed in the aircraft storage room and are to be delivered before boarding the plane.
Organ dialysis devices:
It is admissible for the passengers who rely on portable devices for dialysis to carry only one equipment free of charge on the flight.
The device is to be placed in the aircraft storage room.
Medical Oxygen Services
In line with the international regulations and the regulations of the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACAR 91.225) regarding the use of special needs guests the Portable Oxygen Concentrator during the flight. The conditions below have been set for the acceptance and the use of these devices inside the guest cabin onboard “SAUDIA” flights.
Terms and Conditions:
- The device shall comply with the requirements of the Saudi Food and Drug Authority or have a trademark indicating the safety of its use onboard the aircraft and a certificate shall be provided from the passenger.
- The passenger shall be capable of hearing the unit’s alarms, seeing the alarm light indicators and having the cognitive ability to take the appropriate action in response to the various caution and warning alarms and alarm light indicators, or be traveling with someone who is capable of performing those functions.
- The passenger shall ensure the portable oxygen concentrator is free of oil, grease or other petroleum products and is in good condition free from damage or other signs of excessive wear or abuse.
- The device does not cause interference with the electrical, navigation, or communication equipment on the aircraft on which the device is to be used during any movement on the surface, take-off, and landing.
- The unit shall either be stowed under the seat in front of the passenger or in another approved stowage location, so that it does not block the aisle or the entryway of the row.
- Only lotions or salves that are oxygen approved may be used by persons using the portable oxygen concentrator device.
- The passenger must send the POC (Physician's Statement)report through the E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to the concern department to follow up the case for obtaining the approval not less than (48) hours prior flight departure, also the passenger must check with the airport check-in counter at least 3hours prior scheduled time for departure, and should carry with him the device, batteries and the POC Physician's Statement report.
- The passenger shall get the information of the flight duration from the Saudia offices or the unified call centre for reservations in order for him to carry the sufficient required batteries to run his devices to obtain sufficient oxygen during the flight.
- The batteries for the approved devices shall be in the passenger's hand bag intended to be carried inside the aircraft guest cabin, and those batteries must be protected and prevented from any physical damage.
- only two spare of batteries maximum are allowed inside the passenger carry-on baggage.
- Those batteries shall be protected to prevent short circuits.
- Ensure that the passenger has sufficient batteries for the duration of the flight, as well as additional batteries at least 150% of the expected maximum flight duration. For example, if the passenger flight is supposed to be 10 hours long, batteries should be charged enough to last 15 hours for use in the case of delayed flight as described in the medical certificate.
- If the oxygen device is accepted in the checked baggage, the batteries must be disconnected from the device and to be carried into the carry-on baggage inside the guest cabin.
|POC Approved Models|
|Airsep Free Style 5||Airsep Focus|
|Inogen One G3||Inogen One G2|
|SeQuel SAROS||Invacare Solo2|
|Oxygen Concentrator||Oxus RS-0400|
|SeQuel Eclipse||Respironics EverGo|
|VBOX, Inc.’s Trooper||AirSep Free Style|
|Inogen One||DeVilbiss Healthcare iGo|
|Respironics SimplyGO||Inova Labs LifeChoice|
|Oxlife Independence||Invacare XPO2|
|Precision Medical EasyPulse||Inova Labs Lifechoice Activox|
|International Biophysics03 Corporation's LifeChoice|
|SeQual Technologies, Inc.’s eQuinox Oxygen System (model 4000)|
|Oxywell Oxygen System (model 4000)|
Rationalized dogs may accompany blind and deaf passengers. They may be transported in the aircraft storage room provided they are in their proper cage.
Dogs are not allowed on the plane.
Infant carts are allowed to be carried as luggage, and are placed in the storage room of the aircraft.
Sporting Equipment and Musical Instruments
Saudia accepts Sporting equipment and musical instruments as checked baggage if it is properly packed or inserted in special bags and its weight shall be counted as a part of free checked baggage allowance, in case the weight and/or the dimensions are more than the standard free baggage allowance, excess baggage charge shall be collected as Saudia policy.
The banned carriage of substances among the luggage:
For safety reasons SAUDIA prohibits carrying hazardous materials on its flights such as the following:
- Firearms, ammunition, swords, and knives.
- Explosives, incendiary materials, flammable, toxic substances and compressed gases.
For flights departing from or to the United States of America and the European Union countries, additional security measures prohibit the carriage of certain materials within hand luggage, such as the following:
- All liquids, such as cosmetics and perfumes, are not allowed to be carried in checked baggage.
- It is not allowed to carry cigarette lighter in both hand baggage or in the checked baggage.
Prohibition of Lithium Battery Powered Self-Balancing Personal Transportation Device
To ensure the safety of guests, Saudia will no longer accept Lithium battery powered self- balancing personal transportation devices, for some examples of devices include: hover board, balance wheel, air wheel, solo wheel. These items will be prohibited as both carry-on and checked baggage on all domestic & international flights and all Saudia connecting flights according to IATA recommendations and Saudia Special Loads Board (SV SLB) restrictions.
If a guest carries a lithium battery powered self- balancing personal transportation device as illustrated in the above pictures to be taken on an aircraft as either a checked bag or carry-on, then:
- The guest will be notified that these items are prohibited on our aircraft due to the lithium battery that powers these devices.
- The guest will notice the device shall be denied to board, but never deny the guest from boarding the aircraft.
- The guest will notice that Saudia will not be responsible for shipping the device on behalf of the guest. The guest should be advised to make alternate arrangements or cargo shipment.
If an agent discovers a lithium battery powered self-balancing personal transportation devices in a guest's checked baggage after check–in, then the device will be removed from the baggage.