DOMESTIC FLIGHTS (SAUDI ARABIA)
|BAGGAGE AND CARRY-ON ALLOWANCES*|
|Baggage Type||Passenger Type||Saver (U)||Basic (Q-N)||Flex (H)||Basic (I)||Flex (C-D-J)||Flex (A-P-F)|
|CHECKED BAGGAGE||Allowed with additional fees|
|Carrying basket Collapsible baby trolley|
- The weight of one piece should not exceed 32KG (70lbs) on First and Business classes.
- The weight of one piece should not exceed 23kg (50lbs) on Guest class and maximum weight shall not exceed 32kg (70 lbs), and SAR 73.5 shall be added as an excess baggage fee per piece.
- The weight of one piece shall not exceed 23kg (50lbs) for infant ticket on all classes. Excess baggage is not allowed on infant ticket.
- The total dimensions of a piece should not exceed 158 cm. If the dimensions of a piece exceeded 158 cm but less than 205 cm, the value of SAR 131.25 will be collected for that piece. If the dimensions of a piece exceed (205 cm) and cannot be fragmented, baggage should shipped by cargo.
- The above table is to inform about the free baggage allowances allowed per passenger per cabin class. It may change without prior notice, for some flights and destinations, due to operating conditions. The actual applied baggage allowances will be displayed and detailed during the booking process. By paying and completing the booking, it will be considered as an acceptance to the free baggage allowances included in the booking record.
The standard dimensions for all bags should not exceed 62 inch or 158 cm for Domestic flights.
|Country||Checked Bag(s) 23kg||Hand Bag(s) 7kg||Checked Bag(s) 23kg||Hand Bag(s) 7kg||Checked Bag(s) 23kg||Hand Bag(s) 7kg||Checked Bag(s) 23kg||Hand Bag(s) 7kg|
|Middle East||Not included|
|Country||Checked Bag(s) 32kg||Hand Bag(s) 9kg||Checked Bag(s) 32kg||Hand Bag(s) 12kg||Checked Bag(s) 32kg||Hand Bag(s) 12kg|
|Country||Checked Bag(s) 32kg||Hand Bag(s) 12kg||Checked Bag(s) 32kg||Hand Bag(s) 12kg|
Pieces / weight on free baggage allowance
- When issuing an international ticket on First/Business classes, free baggage allowance should be (2PCs) and should not exceed 32 kg (70 lbs).
- When issuing an international ticket on economy classes, and free baggage allowance shown in the ticket as (2PCs) , the piece should not exceed 23 kg (50 lbs). an extra $60 CAD/USD should be charged as extra allowance on checked-in bags if over 23 kg (50 lbs) up to 32 kg (70 lbs).
- Free baggage allowance for infant is 23 kg (50 lbs). Excess baggage is not allowed on infant ticket.
- Gold/Silver AlFursan members & SkyTeam Elite/Elite Plus members are allowed an extra piece not exceed 32 kg (70 lbs) when travelling on First & Business classes and not to exceed 23 kg (50 lbs) if travelling on Guest class.
For routes working with aircrafts of A320, which is equipped with an extra fuel tank, then all extra pieces will maintain 23 kg (50 lbs) for all classes and guests due to weight limitation.
The standard dimensions for all bags should not exceed 62 inch or 158 cm for International flights.
Alfursan Member: Domestic Flights
SAUDIA provides additional baggage allowances to its guests without extra cost as per the following table:
|ALFURSAN GOLD MEMBER|
|ALFURSAN SILVER MEMBER|
Alfursan Member: International Flights
SAUDIA provides additional baggage allowances to its guests without extra cost as per the following table:
|Sector (From/To)||First Class||Business Class||Guest Class|
|Elite/ Elite Plus(Alfursan Silver/Gold)|
* All 6th freedom passengers from/to USA and Canada are allowed to carry 2 pieces for all classes.
Note: checked baggage on SAUDIA flights departing to USA stations (New York (JFK), Washington D.C. (IAD), Los Angeles (LAX)) and Canada (Toronto (YYZ)) from (Riyadh (RUH)) must be sealed using safe wrap prior to acceptance on the flight.
Renal Kidney Failure Patients: Domestic/International Flights
|Sector (From/To)||First Class||Business Class||Guest Class|
|Patient with Renal Failure**|
|Sales channels||All sales channels|
|Travelling Allowed sector||All domestic & International flights departing from KSA Only (one way) or (round trip) on Saudia network.|
|Class of service||All RBDs classes|
|Payment method||All payment approved by Saudia Airlines|
|Attachment||Reaffirm to the patient to have the special card issued by the Saudi Center for Organ Transplantation always with him.|
Extra baggage isn’t granted in the following cases:
- Code Share
- The patient to ensure that all of the solutions are packed in bags or special containers preventing liquid leakage and being put in easy held containers so that customer service agents at the airport can receive the baggage & accept it.
- The free baggage allowance is according to the number of pieces shown in the ticket that shall not exceed 23 Kg.
- The free baggage allowance is according to the number of pieces shown in the ticket that shall not exceed 32 Kg.
- (8) additional free pieces shall be waived, not exceeding 32 Kg noting that the number of free pieces will not appear in the passenger’s ticket.
- When the patient is at the airport, the free additional baggage will be accepted based on the special card issued from the Saudi Center for Organs Transplantation.
- When baggage exceeds the allowable number of pieces, size, or weights, the passenger shall be directed to the sales offices at the airport to collect fees.
ADDITIONAL/EXTRA BAGGAGE FEES
ADDITIONAL/EXTRA BAGGAGE FEES PURCHASE CHANNEL Fees Website SAR 105 KIOSK SAR 105 Airport SAR 131.25
International - ONLINE PURCHASE*
International - ONLINE PURCHASE* From To Cities Saudi Arabia USA EU UK Arabian Gulf Middle East Asia Africa Guangzhou(China) Saudi Arabia - $139 $69 $69 $59 $59 $79 $59 $149 USA $139 - - - $99 $99 $179 $179 $149 EU $69 - - - $69 $69 $79 $69 $149 UK $69 - - - $69 $69 $79 $69 $149 Arabian Gulf $59 $189 $69 $69 $59 $59 $79 $59 $149 Middle East $59 $189 $69 $69 $59 $59 $79 $59 $149 Asia $79 $189 $79 $79 $79 $79 - $79 - Africa $59 $189 $69 $69 $59 $59 $79 - $149 Guangzhou(China) $99 $199 $209 $209 $149 $149 - $159 -
International - PURCHASE AT THE AIRPORT (OFFLINE)
International - ONLINE PURCHASE* From To Cities Saudi Arabia USA EU UK Arabian Gulf Middle East Asia Africa Guangzhou(China) Saudi Arabia - $174 $86 $86 $74 $74 $99 $74 $187 USA $174 - - - $124 $124 $224 $224 $187 EU $86 - - - $86 $86 $99 $86 $187 UK $86 - - - $86 $86 $99 $86 $187 Arabian Gulf $74 $236 $86 $86 $74 $74 $99 $74 $187 Middle East $74 $236 $86 $86 $74 $74 $99 $74 $187 Asia $99 $236 $99 $99 $99 $99 - $99 - Africa $74 $236 $86 $86 $74 $74 $99 - $187 Guangzhou(China) $124 $249 $261 $261 $186 $186 - $199 -
- Excess baggage piece should not exceed 23 kg (50 lbs) and within the Standard Dimension 158cm (62in).
- An additional $60 USD will be added if pieced exceed 23 kg (50 lbs) up to 32 kg (70 lbs) max.
- Oversized baggage which (cannot be separated) up to 45kgs (99 lbs) can be accepted provided prior arrangement is made with the carrier, and an additional USD100$ should be charged if the piece is exceeds the maximum weight 32KG (70 lbs) to be (60+100) per piece with maximum weight of 45KG (99 lbs) Pieces exceeding 45kgs (99 lbs) are not acceptable as checked baggage and must be shipped as cargo.
- EXCEPT flight from/ to the United States, Canada and Europe Maximum allowance per passenger 32 KG (70 lbs). Pieces exceeding 32kgs (70 lbs) are not be acceptable as checked baggage and must be shipped as cargo.
- A USD100$ should be charged if the piece exceeds the Standard Dimension of 157cm (62 in.) up to a maximum of 205cm (80 in). Pieces exceeding 205cm (80 in.) are not acceptable as checked baggage and must be shipped as cargo
- All fees will be collected with local currencies or its equivalent.
Heavy BAGGAGE TO Fees North America 60$ Guangzhou 60$ Remaining SV network 50$
* Fees apply for each piece that is over 23 kg (50 lbs) up to 32 kg (70 lbs).
In case of purchasing an additional baggage, a voucher will be issued for each additional bag noting the following will apply:
- The validity of the voucher is for one year from the date of issuance
- Extra baggage vouchers refund, re-issuance, changing flight time, and re-routing are not allowed.
- In the event of no show, the guest will lose full value of the extra baggage voucher.
- This service is available for certain destinations and sectors and may not be available for online pre-purchase due to operational limitations. In this case, you can pay for excess baggage at the airport.
Unchecked Baggage (Carry-On Baggage) Allowance
A. Cabin baggage
In addition to the free baggage allowance, Saudi Airlines may allow each passenger to carry hand baggage under his supervision and on free basis to be placed in closed overhead rack or under the seat in front of the passenger and cabin baggage tag should be labeled on it according to the following:
|Sector Class Of Service||Hand Baggage Allowance||No. Of Pieces||Description||Weight|
|First & Business||One Hand/Pull bag or Garment bag||1||Total Dimension:Not to Exceed:56 X 45 X 25 (cm)
(22x18 x10) (inches)
11 cm (4 inches) for thickness when not folded
|First & Business||Plus one Briefcase||1||Total Dimension: Not to exceed:56 X 20 X 35 (cm)
18 X 8X 14 (Inches)
|Guest||One Hand / Pull bag||1||Total Dimension:Not to Exceed:56 X 45 X 25 (cm)
(22 X 18 X 10) (Inches)
- For passengers departing from USA/Canada to Saudi Arabia only one carry-on baggage in all class of services not to exceed ( 16 pounds in weight and 45 inches in dimensions).
- Saudi Arabian airline retains the sole discretion to determine, for purpose of the safety, the security or the comfort of other passengers(such as food &beverages), whether any item of the baggage will be permitted in the cabin or carried as checked baggage.
- Check-in agent should notify the passenger connecting on SAUDIA that the free carry-on baggage may not be accepted at the connecting stations due to variation of aircraft types and in-sufficiency of over head racks.
B. Free Carry-On Items
Items carried free of charge in passenger’s custody and under his responsibility without a carry-on baggage tag affixed to it are the following:
|Passenger Category||Description Of Items Carried Free||Quantity|
|All Passengers||An Overcoat or Wrap||1|
|An Umbrella or a pair of Crutches||1|
|A pair of binoculars||1|
|A small camera||1|
|Ladies hand bag, pocket book or purse for the ordinary use only otherwise will be considered as checked baggage||1|
|A reasonable supply of reading material for the flight||Suitable Amount|
|Infants||Infants Infants food for consumption in-flight||Suitable Amount|
|An infant carrying basket||1|
|A fully collapsible baby trolley carriage or seat which could be stowed in the cabin or in the lower cargo compartments||1|
|Incapacitated Passengers||A fully collapsible wheel chair or any other device necessary for the passenger or can be loaded in passenger cabin or cargo compartment (aircraft holds)||1|
- For security purposes all carry-on baggage will be checked by security officers for flights arriving and departing to/from USA and UK including all electronic devices (as Smart phones, Cameras, Laptops, I pads, smart watches ...etc.) Passengers will be asked to power up their devices at airport security. Powerless devices will not be permitted onboard the aircraft or confiscated.
- For all passengers who are traveling to/from USA and UK, it is necessary to charge their devices to avoid being banned by the airport security from carrying their baggage or electronic devices onboard the aircraft.
- Also, that SAUDIA doesn’t provide lockers for those devises and isn’t responsible in case of loss.
Excess Baggage with Conditions or Limitations
In the case where the passenger needs to carry luggage weighing more than 32 kg (70 lbs), and can not be separated into pieces (such as musical instruments / sports tools / medical equipment ... etc.), the passenger must notify SAUDIA in advance to take the necessary arrangements for the luggage to be transferred.
Zamzam water allowance:
- Kindly be advised that Saudia accepts a complimentary one gallon package of Zamzam water from Sogia factory that doesn’t exceed 5 litres for all passengers departing from King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah, and Prince Mohammed Bin Abdulaziz Airport in Madinah only as a checked in baggage.
- On the other hand, please be informed that the rest of passengers who will travel from other domestic airports to domestic or international airports are allowed to carry one gallon package of Zamzam water as a part of their free allowed checked-in baggage and any excess weight will be charged and collected from the normal excess baggage rates.
Electrical Devices Acceptance
Regarding the acceptance of electrical devices as checked baggage such as (TV, electric household appliances, etc…); these devices shall be accepted according to the applied baggage allowances, weights, and dimensions for SAUDIA Domestic (Saudi Arabia) and international flights. Additional charges will be applied in case the weights and dimensions exceed the allowed weights and dimensions.
Acceptance of Sport Equipment
- Sport equipment is accepted as part of checked in free baggage allowance and not to be charged if within the accepted dimension limit.
- If they are not included within the free allowance baggage, excess baggage fees are imposed.
- Sport Equipment should be wrapped in special cases and sides covered with reinforced shock absorber.
- Sport Equipment exceeding the approved dimensions are accepted on board Boeing B777 and B787 aircrafts.
Excess Baggage Charges for Sport Equipment
- Add (100$) USD fees on pieces exceeding the approved dimensions from 158 cm (62 inch) to be 205 cm (80 inch).
- Extra charge are added (67$) USD for objects exceeding the approved dimensions from 205cm (80 inch) to a maximum extent 300cm (118 inch), where the amount will be as follows: (100+67=167$ USD).
- When the dimensions are exceeding 300cm (118 inch), or having extra weight more than 32 Kg (70 Ibs), then it is accepted via Cargo.
- Additional fees from/to Canada must be charged amounting to (89) Canadian Dollar, per piece exceeding the approved dimensions, where the total amount will be calculated as follows (100+89= 189 Canadian Dollar).
- Add 100 SAR fees for each piece exceeding the approved dimensions from 158 cm (62 inch), and less than 205 cm (80 inch).
- Add extra charges 100 SAR for each piece exceeding the approved dimensions from 205 cm (80 inch), with maximum 300 cm (118 inch) where it will be charged as follows: (100+100=200 SAR).
- When dimensions exceed 300cm (118 inch) or having extra weight more than 32kg (70 lb.), then It is accepted through Cargo only.
The Banned Carriage of Substances among the Luggage
For safety reasons SAUDIA prohibits carrying hazardous materials on its flights such as:
- Firearms, ammunition, swords, and knives.
- Explosives, incendiary materials, flammable, toxic substances, and compressed gases.
- For flights departing from or to the United States of America, Canada, and the European Union countries, there are additional security measures prohibiting the carriage of certain materials within the hand luggage in accordance with the following:
- All liquid materials, gels, toothpaste, liquid cosmetics, and perfumes.
- Cigarette lighters in both hand baggage and inspected luggage.
- In accordance with instructions received from Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), the following items are not allowed absolutely in checked-in baggage, otherwise the checked-in baggage will be liable and held for search and remove the items by the airport security:
a. Prohibited items in checked-in baggage, such as :
- Lighters/ Lithium battery/Flammable Items.
- Mobiles , Notebook, Backup power, Power pack, Power case , Power Bank , Radio-controlled toy ,or any Rechargeable Items, Nail Polish , Mouse etc).
- Gold, Jewelry, and Cash Money.
- All food product, and beverages are prohibited inside checked in baggage.
b. Allowable items in carry-on baggage, such as:
- Mobiles , Notebook, Backup power, Power pack, Power case , Power Bank , Radio-controlled toy and Nail polish etc.
- The items are allowed in hand carry bags with maximum of 2 pieces only.
c. Prohibited items in checked-in & carry on baggage, such as :
- Flammable items , e.g. lighter, Match, compressed gas etc.
- Detonators, electrical sticks and similar articles.
- Prohibited & Restricted Goods maker Oman Customs Law and Regulation
- Alcohol in restricted quantities
- Controlled Drugs and Medicines
- Cash amount in excess of Rials Omani 6,000
- Electric Stun guns Batons, cattle prods and the like
- Counterfeited Tobacco and its derivatives
- Transparent fishing nets and using Crossbows & Spearguns
- Wireless Communication Equipment and Bugging Devices
- Telescopic sight for firearms
- All types of weapons
- Items controlled by the Cites convention, including ivory and Rhinoceros horn
- Remote controlled Aircrafts and Helicopters
- Children's Toy Guns and all items similar to weapons
- Arms, Ammunition and Explosives of all kinds
- Night-vision Goggles
- Radioactive Equipment and Material
- Immoral CD's and Magazines
- Night - vision Goggles and Laser Pointers
- Military Uniforms and Camouflage Clothing
- Walking sticks and canes with concealed blades
Prohibition of Lithium Battery Powered Self-Balancing Personal Transportation Device
To ensure the safety of guests, Saudia will no longer accept Lithium battery powered self- balancing personal transportation devices, for some examples of devices include: hover board, balance wheel, air wheel, solo wheel. These items will be prohibited as both carry-on and checked baggage on all domestic & international flights and all Saudia connecting flights according to IATA recommendations and Saudia Special Loads Board (SV SLB) restrictions.
If a guest carries a lithium battery powered self- balancing personal transportation device as illustrated in the above pictures to be taken on an aircraft as either a checked bag or carry-on, then:
- The guest will be notified that these items are prohibited on our aircraft due to the lithium battery that powers these devices.
- The guest will notice the device shall be denied to board, but never deny the guest from boarding the aircraft.
- The guest will notice that SAUDIA will not be responsible for shipping the device on behalf of the guest. The guest should be advised to make alternate arrangements or cargo shipment.
If an agent discovers a lithium battery powered self-balancing personal transportation devices in a guest's checked baggage after check–in, then the device will be removed from the baggage.