Cochin International Airport (COK)
Cochin International Airport, also known as Nedumbassery Airport, is the largest and busiest airport in Kerala, located at Nedumbassery, 25 km (16 mi) north of Kochi, in India. For the period of Apr 2006 to Dec 2010, it was the seventh busiest airport in the country in terms of overall passenger traffic and fourth busiest in terms of international passenger traffic.
The airport is the primary base for Air India Express operations and it is a focus city for GoAir, IndiGo, Jet Airways, JetLite, SpiceJet and Kingfisher Airlines.Cochin International Airport is the first airport in the country through public-private partnership venture. The airport handled 3.9 million passengers and had air traffic movements of about 411 per week for the year 2009-10.
The airport currently handles around 799 aircraft per week with 10,800 passengers each day. Eight domestic airlines and 16 international airlines connect Kochi with nearly 40 destinations nationally and internationally.
|Name||Cochin International Airport|
|Address||Cochin International Airport Ltd-Kochi Airport PO-Kerala-683111-cochin-india|
|Location||located at Nedumbassery, 25 km (16 mi) north of Kochi, in India|
|Time zone||GMT +05:30|
- Oberoi CIP Lounge: for VIPs and Business Class passengers in Domestic departures
- CIAL VIP Room: for VIPs in domestic arrivals
- Oberoi Lounge: for First and business class passengers in International departures
- CGH Earth Executive Lounge: for business class passengers in International departures
- Taj-Sats Lounge: for reserved and paid passengers in International departures
- CIAL Suites: for early and transit passengers