Young passengers between 12 to 16 years may be treated as UM,s upon request of their parents or other authorized persons, if there is any doubt of the minor’s ability in means of traveling alone, or if the minor is accompanying another child under 12 years of age.
Acceptance of Infants
- Infants under 2 years of age will be accepted when accompanied by a passenger at least 16 years of age. One adult can escort only one infant.
- If allowed for carriage, the infants aged between 8 days to 23 months inclusive, as of the date of travel cannot travel in their own seat and must sit on an adult's lap (one infant per adult). If a passenger is traveling with more than one infant, applicable child fare is charged for the second infant. The infants shall be assigned on a seat where a supplementary oxygen mask is available.
- If the infant reaches the age of 2 years prior to their return journey, they must pay the applicable child fare, taxes, fees and charges for that part of the journey.
- Proof of age is required. The parent must present the infant's valid travel document at the check-in counters and boarding gate.
- There is no checked or cabin baggage allowance for infants at 10% fare; however one fully collapsible pushchair per child is carried free of charge and does not need to be pre-booked. Additional infant equipment (maximum 10kg.) such as car/booster seats and travel costs may be carried. Baby strollers must be tagged during check-in if it is allowed to carry as unchecked baggage.
- The maximum number of infants is determined according to the number of decompression oxygen mask, infant life vest which are available on each flight.
- It is not permitted to place more than one infant in each occupied section of the row as there is only one additional oxygen mask in each section( e.g. (03 adults + one infant) may occupy 3 seat section).
Acceptance of Pregnant Passengers
It is the duty of pregnant passengers to advise " Saudia " of the progress of their pregnancy at the point of booking of seat and at the check-in counter. The carriage of pregnant passengers is subject to the following conditions:
- Pregnant ladies are authorized to travel up to the 8th month without medical clearance.
Medical clearance will be required if:
- Child birth is expected in less than 4 weeks.
- Uncertainty exists over the progress of the pregnancy and the date of delivery.
- There were previous multiple births childbirth complications are expected.
- The medical certificate must be issued within 10 days of the flight date.
- The lady will be refused carriage if the pregnancy is 35 weeks and above.
- After week (32) of her pregnancy, the pregnant woman should provide a medical certificate (MEDIF) filled in by a competent doctor. The form is valid for a period of (10) days from the date of issue.
- You may download the Air Travel For Pregnant Ladies form by clicking here if she is less than 32 weeks pregnant, or you my download the MEDIF by clicking here if she is over 32 weeks pregnant. Both forms must be filled and signed by a physician.
New Born Babies
They can be accepted after the first week of their birthday. For babies of more than 48 hours age shall be accepted provided that they must obtain a medical clearance stating that the baby is in a good health and does not need incubator or medical oxygen.
Blind and Deaf:
a) Blind or Deaf (Single Incapacitation)
- Are not considered incapacitated passenger.
- No limitation in case they are traveling alone.
- In case they are traveling in groups, no limitation to their numbers but it is necessary to have a medically fit attendant. (A group means more than one person in the PNR).
b) Blind and Deaf (Double Incapacitation)
- They are considered incapacitated.
- There are limitations to their number according to each aircraft type.
The transportation of patients who require special medical attention on Saudi Arabian Airlines flights or on other companies involved in the transport need to carry a Medical Statement Information Model (MEDIF) filled by the passenger’s attending physician or issued by the medical services to the transportation companies. Note that the model is only valid for (10) days from the date of signing by a competent doctor.